Monday, August 16, 2010

Not an Ordinary Day

Today is not a Friday. It is neither the last day of a nightmare job nor the first day of my dream job. Today I do not begin vacation nor end chemotherapy. Today the Lord did not heal me of a disease nor raise me from the dead. Today my debts are not cancelled and my mailbox is not overflowing with unexpected checks. By all outward appearances, today is just another day. But it is not an ordinary day.

Today I am one step closer to being with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for all eternity. I Thessalonians 4:16-17

Today belongs to the Lord. He made it for me. I am joyful and glad for today and everything He designed in it. Psalm 118:24

Today I am a recipient of free and generous gifts. I cannot buy nor earn my standing with God. Even His Holy Spirit was poured out freely upon me. Acts 8:17-20, Romans 5:15-17, Romans 6:23, 2 Corinthians 9:15

He proves Himself as righteous. My trust and faith in Jesus make me stand before Him blameless today. Romans 3:24-26

Today I am growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened by His mighty hand that I might have patience and endurance. I am joyful that Christ has qualified me to be a citizen of the kingdom of light. My sins are forgiven and darkness has no dominion over me today. Colossians 1:10-14

I am the righteousness of God through the sovereign work of Jesus. I am holy, blameless, above reproach and completely acceptable to God by the blood of the cross. 2 Corinthians 5:21, Colossians 1:19-22

Today He is living to make intercession on my behalf. I can state firmly that He saved me willingly, fully and forever. Isaiah 53:12, Romans 8, Hebrews 7:25

Today He inscribes His will on my innermost thoughts and understanding. He remembers my sins no more. Jeremiah 31:33-34, Hebrews 8:8-12, Hebrews 10:16-17

Today I have all the blessings promised to Abraham. I am not a slave to the law. I am free to live a blessed life because Jesus took my curse upon himself on the cross. I am no longer a slave to sin. Today I am a willing servant to Christ who bought me out of slavery. Romans 7, Galatians 3

God speaks to me. I hear His call and He spends time with me one on one. He abides in me this day. Revelation 3:20

Today His holy word has transformed my ideas and attitudes. His perfect will is made clear to me so that I will have no superficial or internal conformity to the ways of this alien world. Romans 12:2

Today I have felt perfect love in my heart. I have known Him and been known by Him. God makes Himself known to me as I clearly see His real person. John 14:21, John 17:26

Today I am given strength from the inside out. The Lord pours out love on me beyond anything I could even imagine. My experiences in Christ Jesus are beyond my previous understanding of what was even possible. Today He exceeds my greatest prayers, desires, hopes, and dreams. Ephesians 3:14-21

Today I am working for Jesus and Him alone. He prepared good works in advance and created me to fulfill them. His Spirit enables me to accomplish these tasks in all excellence of workmanship, knowledge and skill. Colossians 3:23-24, Ephesians 2:10, Exodus 31, Exodus 35

I have the promise of future glory because God lives in me today, as I live in Him. Colossians 1:27, John 6:56, John 15, I John 4

Today I will declare His amazing works. He is on my side and I desire to please no one but God. I trust Him with my very being. I draw near to God because there is no better place to be. The Lord is my refuge, my strength and my portion. Psalm 73:25-28

I praise the Lord, today and forever, for this extra-ordinary day! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Girl PREACH IT!! I was just thinking of you on the way home from errands today...I just felt like I needed to pray for you..so I took a quiet minute in my van full of family and said a quick prayer for you, cuz I love you soo much!!

    ReplyDelete