Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Creaking Door No More


I have recently begun doing my Bible study in the early mornings after my husband leaves for work. I know that most people already understand to start their day off in prayer and worship but I am stubborn and I like to sleep as long as the children will let me. But no more.

I was convicted by the following verses to change my drowsy ways:

Proverbs 26:14 NKJV
As a door turns on its hinges, so does the lazy man on his bed.

Psalm 5:3 NKJV
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD;In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.

I will not be the creaky door. I will be the upturned face with voice calling on my Lord.

I now enjoy going to bed early as a part of my worship and honorable service to God. It is good to be able to focus on the Scriptures I am reading and process each phrase or thought as the Lord leads without the children interrupting me. I now cherish the quiet of the morning as I tune my ears to hear the Holy Spirit’s teachings. God is so good to meet with me daily as I seek Him.

I also believe that it encourages my husband to see me up and cheerful in the mornings preparing to keep his home all the day until he returns in the evening. My husband works so that I can homeschool and be a diligent, God-honoring keeper of the home. He does not go to work so I can sleep in and ignore God’s promptings. And I know that honoring my husband is honoring to God.

This is a new form of worship for me, to seek God's face in the morning, and it is already changing my perspective on many things.

1 comment:

  1. I am also loving getting up early and starting my day with the Lord. It has really changed my perspective on things and I'd like to think I'm more ready for the day and prepared to handle what comes my way. Love you. Mean it.

    ReplyDelete